Only FYI,

I am using the HVR-1300 with the build-media.git repo (sorry I forget
the correct name). UK PAL-I capturing fine at full res. Using mtythv and
tested using smplayer on /dev/video0 (or video1). (Full UK PAL res).

I know that won't directly help, but at least you know that is can/does
work at full res.