Hello Jan,

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 05:53, Jan Hoogenraad
<jan-conceptro...@hoogenraad.net> wrote:
> I have decided AGAINST making it runnable on newer kernels, as there are
> some people working right now on a new release.

I appreciate that you would prefer efforts to go towards a upstream
driver. In the mean time I've updated the git tree[1] on my website.
There were no real changes required; just a re-build with an updated
dvb-usb.h and dvb_frontend.h from the kernel tree. Checkout the
linux-3 branch.

> Once the status becomes more clear, I'll update
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Realtek_RTL2831U

Are you able to give us more information on this new driver? Is there
a tree somewhere we can test, or perhaps assist in writing the driver?

Cheers,

Joel

[1] A disclaimer: the git tree is a horrible hack so that I can watch
tv; I look forward to a in-tree driver.