Hi Sakari,

I have a point with the pixel clock. During discussion we found that pixel clock get/set is required for user space to do fine control over the frame-rate etc. What if the user sets the pixel array clock which is above the system/if bus clock? Suppose we are setting the pixel clock (which user space sets) to higher rate at sensor array, but for some reason the bus cannot handle that rate (either low speed or loaded) or lower PCLK at say CSI2 interface is being set. Are we not going to loose data due to this? Also, there would be data validation overhead in driver on what is acceptable PCLK values for a particular sensor on an interface etc.

I am still not favoring user space controlling this, and wish driver decides this for a given frame-rate requested by the user space :)

Frame-rate   resolution  HSYNC  VSYNC  PCLK(array)  PCLK (i/f bus) ...

Let user space control only first two, and driver decide rest (PCLK can be different at different ISP h/w units though)

Regards,
Subash