On 6 September 2011 12:27, Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinch...@ideasonboard.com> wrote:
> Hi Javier,
>
> On Tuesday 06 September 2011 12:03:00 Javier Martin wrote:
>> This patch adds a check to see whether ext_freq and target_freq are equal
>> and, if true, PLL won't be used.
>
> Thanks for the patch.
>
> As you're touching PLL code, what about fixing PLL setup by computing
> parameters dynamically instead of using a table of hardcoded values ? :-)

Hi Laurent,
I'm not exactly struggling with PLL code right now. I've just get a
new prototype which provides an external 48MHz oscillator for the
clock. So, no need to use PLL there and thus the purpose of this
patch.

However, as you said, dynamic configuration of PLL is one of the
pending issues on the driver and I might address it myself in the
future, but it depends on requirements of the project.

Regards.
--
Javier Martin
Vista Silicon S.L.