On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:13:12 +0200
Frank Schäfer <fschaefer....@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > So, if your webcam is in the 99.99% which use the interface 0, use
> > gspca_dev_probe(), otherwise, YOU know the right interface, so, call
> > gspca_dev_probe2().
>
> Isn't it also possible that we don't know the right interface and it is
> not interface 0 ? ;-)

I hope that the interface does not change each time you unplug/replug the
webcam :), but if different webcams with a same device ID may use
different interfaces, you should have to develop specific code in the
subdriver...

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/