On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 5:33 AM, jonathanjstev...@gmail.com
<jonathanjstev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Description of problem:
> Support for Hauupauge HVR-4000 appears to be broken (again) in kernel mods.
> This is a bit of a tale of woe, but this hardware is supposed to have been
> sorted in stock kernel roundabout 3.0.
> Stock F16 kernel cannot scan or tune in mythtv, kaffeine, w_scan, or dvbscan.
> Compiled/Installed latest video-media build still no joy.
> I used another USB DVB (nova-t) to scan, and using the results obtained from
> w_scan on this managed to get tzap to FE LOCK. However this only worked with
> tzap - no other app can get a lock.
> Have tested with i2c reset patch enabled and not, and also with strobing patch
> enabled and not (cs88-dvb.c). Also with mythtv kludge (delaying on FE close in
> dvbutils.cpp). All make no difference.
> So sad :(
>
> Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
> Linux mythtvtuner.home 3.1.0-7.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 1 21:10:48 UTC 2011
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> How reproducible:
> Install F16 and try to make use of HVR-4000.
>
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1. Install F16 on a machine with HVR-4000
> 2. Try to use it
> 3. Cry
> Actual results:
> Can't scan or tune.
> Expected results:
> Can scan and tune and be happy.
> Additional info:
> Should mention this machine is also running Xen.
> If necessary I have a spare machine I can put a HVR-4000 into and can compile
> whatever you want to try to fix this. Pretty sure this is a problem upstream
> in
> video-media, but will report here to try and get some help!
> Willing to put in the hours this side to get to the bottom of this,
> sorry I don't have the programming skills to attack it myself.
> All the problems historically that the HVR-4000 has had in v4l were supposed
> be fixed in 3.0...
> Let me know what additional info you might want?
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

It was actually broken for months (including 3.0), and not fixed until 3.1.

I'm assuming you're having problems with dvb-s and dvb-t?  Please
clarify exactly which standards aren't working for you?

Also, take Xen out of the picture.  Validate it isn't working in a
regular system.  Virtualization is definitely a source of problems and
should be ruled out.

Any suspicious output in dmesg?

Devin

--