2011/12/21 Miroslav Slugeň <thunder....@gmail.com>:
> XC4000 based cards are not using AGC control in normal way, so it is
> not possible to get signal level from AGC registres of zl10353
> demodulator, instead of this i send previous patch to implement signal
> level directly in xc4000 tuner and now sending patch for zl10353 to
> implement this future for digital mode. Signal reporting is very
> accurate and was well tested on 3 different Leadtek XC4000 cards.

For what it's worth, something seems very wrong with this patch.  All
the docs I've ever seen for the Xceive components were pretty clear
that the signal level registers are for analog only.  And even in te
case of Xceive it's a bit unusual, since most analog tuner designs
don't have an onboard analog demodulator.

If this patch really works then I guess I don't have anything against
it.  I just strongly believe that it's the wrong fix and there is
probably some other problem this is obscuring.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com