On 25-12-2011 12:11, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Sunday 25 December 2011 15:04:17 Dennis Sperlich wrote:

> These numbers should not be hardcoded, but extracted from the USB endpoint
> descriptor!

The driver retrieves the values from the USB endpoints during probe. This
is used for analog mode. However, on DVB mode, the values are hardcoded by
the ones that had/have access to Empiatech datasheets (Unfortunately,
I don't have them).

So, it is hard to know if the current limit is due to some chipset bug that
doesn't report well the maximum packet size, or if it is just due to the lack
of time for the ones that wrote the code to actually use the reported values.

Fixing the driver to use the USB descriptors is easy. The hard part is to be
sure that it won't break for the ones with older chipsets.

Regards,
Mauro.