Hi,

On 12/28/2011 02:35 PM, Sylwester Nawrocki wrote:
> On 12/28/2011 07:23 AM, HeungJun, Kim wrote:
>> It adds the new CID for setting White Balance Preset. This CID is provided as
>> menu type using the following items:

How about adding

V4L2_WHITE_BALANCE_PRESET_NONE or
V4L2_WHITE_BALANCE_PRESET_UNDEFINED

to this menu ? It might cover "Manual Mode" entry in pwc_auto_whitebal_qmenu.
Also it might be useful not only as a read-only item for applications,
when there are multiple means of setting up white balance supported by a
driver, i.e. blue/red balance, component gains, etc.

>> 0 - V4L2_WHITE_BALANCE_INCANDESCENT,
>> 1 - V4L2_WHITE_BALANCE_FLUORESCENT,
>> 2 - V4L2_WHITE_BALANCE_DAYLIGHT,
>> 3 - V4L2_WHITE_BALANCE_CLOUDY,
>> 4 - V4L2_WHITE_BALANCE_SHADE,
>
> I have been also investigating those white balance presets recently and
> noticed
> they're also needed for the pwc driver. Looking at
> drivers/media/video/pwc/pwc-v4l2.c there is something like:
>
> const char * const pwc_auto_whitebal_qmenu[] = {
>       "Indoor (Incandescant Lighting) Mode",
>       "Outdoor (Sunlight) Mode",
>       "Indoor (Fluorescent Lighting) Mode",
>       "Manual Mode",