On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 08:58:30 +1100
Xavion <xavio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can confirm that GSPCA v2.15.1 removes the bad pixels when I use
> Cheese or VLC.  However, I'm sorry to report that the Motion problems
> unfortunately still remain.  Is there something else I must do to
> overcome the below errors?  I'm happy to keep testing newer GSPCA
> versions for you until we get this fixed.

Hi again,

I looked at the driver again, and thanks to Hans, I found you could
easily lower the JPEG compression quality and stop buffer overflow.

At line 2093 of build/sn9c20x.c (gspca test), there is:

        sd->quality = 95;

Changing '95' to '80' should be enough.

I will add this parameter as a video control as soon as it will be
standard. Then you could adjust it with an external program as v4l2ucp.

--
Ken ar c'hentaƱ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/