On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:27:45 +0100
Gianluca Gennari <gennar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Il 20/03/2012 14:04, Michael Büsch ha scritto:
> > Thank you for working on a af903x driver.
> >
> > I tried to test the driver on a debian 3.2 kernel, after applying a small
> > fix:
> > It should be CONFIG_DVB_USB_AF903X here.
>
> this issue is fixed in version "1.02" of the driver, posted by Hans a
> few days ago.

I can only find the post from Feb 22th, which includes this glitch.
Can you point me to the newer post in the list archives?

> > So I'm wondering how big the differences between the fc0011 and fc0012 are.
> > Can the 0011 be implemented in the 0012 driver, or does it require a
> > separate driver?
> > Please give me a few hints, to I can work on implementing support for that
> > tuner.
>
> I have no idea about the real differences between the two tuner models,
> but here you can find an old "leaked" af9035 driver with support for
> several tuners, including fc0011 and fc0012:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/voltagex/af9035/src
>
> (look under the "api" subdir for the tuners).

Yeah I know about that "thing". It makes my eyes bleed, though.

But the author of this document pointed me to this:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Fitipower
That seems pretty useful, in addition to the existing crap driver.

> The driver is not working with recent kernels, but probably you can
> extract the information needed to implement a proper kernel driver for
> fc0011, using the fc0012 driver written by Hans as a reference.

Yeah after looking at things it seems best to have a separate module.
I already started to put the boilerplate code together and I'm currently
putting the various device specific bits in place.

--
Greetings, Michael.

PGP encryption is encouraged / 908D8B0E