Vikas N Kumar <vikasnku...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Andy Walls <awa...@md.metrocast.net>
>wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> ivtv will never support this chip;  the hardware is not even close to
>a CX23415/6.
>>
>> ViXS has never openly released any documentation.
>>
>> They do have a linux sdk.  Hitachi supposedly used it for one of
>their TVs.
>>

>Will NDISWrapper work for their Windows drivers on Linux ? Curious to
>know if anyone has ever tried and failed/succeeded before I try it
>out.
>
>Thanks.
>--
>http://www.vikaskumar.org/

NDIS = Network Driver Interface Specification

So no, that will not work.

ViXS does not support  their products with open source linux drivers.  Forget
their devices under linux, you will always be unhappy.

Instead, buy a device from a company that does support linux with open source
drivers.

Regards,
Andy