On 12-04-29 03:02 AM, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> Brian,

Hi Rudy,

> There is no minimum cable length for RF. Although for practical reasons
> i rarely go below 30 cm (1 ').

Indeed.  Especially with RG6 they can get a bit stiff.

> It should be possible for you to buy "drop cables" which have a length
> of 1m5 (about 5') and are commonly used in HE to connect equipment.

Yeah, I'm trying to reduce the cable "nest" and I only have about 6"
between the back of the equipment and the wall, where the splitter will
be so 1' cables will probably do the trick.

> screw-on F-connectors are another source of problems.

Yes.

> Crimping
> F-connectors are best, but those need a fitting crimp tool.

Indeed, and I have one.  :-)

Thanks for the info!

b.