Em 21-05-2012 00:16, Antti Palosaari escreveu:
> ma 21.5.2012 5:25 Mauro Carvalho Chehab kirjoitti:
>> Em 20-05-2012 13:56, Antti Palosaari escreveu:
>>> Hmm,
>>> Mauro just merged those FC0012 and FC0013 drivers via my RTL2831U
>>> tree... It was not my meaning to do that like this.
>>
>> This was due to a pull request that you sent me on May, 18, requesting
>> to pull from:
>>
>>   git://linuxtv.org/anttip/media_tree.git rtl2831u
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg47992.html
>
> I asked to pull last 6 patches. There was few other patches bottom of that
> due to fact it is always some extra work to jump from tree to other, sync
> and resolve compilation issues. Those tuner patches were there because I
> tested and reviewed rtl2832 driver multiple times and tuners were needed
> for the rtl2832.

Please, don't apply patches you don't intend to go upstream on a branch that
you request me to pull. As I said several times, my import scripts won't check
if the patches match the diffstat of the pull request.

I may eventually add such check on day, but, in that case, what I would do is
to simply reject pull requests with wrong diffstats, as other any logic would be
too complex to implement, as a pull request doesn't contain changeset hashes,
and sometimes the same patch name might be used on two separate changesets (this
is a bad practice, but I've seen it some times).

With regard to the merged patches, if they are really broken, please submit
me a patch removing them.

Regards,
Mauro