On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 02:29 +0300, Antti Palosaari wrote:
> Hi Malcolm,
> I was really surprised someone has had interest to test that stuff at
> that phase as I did not even advertised it yet :) It is likely happen
> next Monday or so as there is some issues I would like to check / solve.
>

> On 06/14/2012 01:24 AM, Malcolm Priestley wrote:
> > Hi antti
> >
> > There some issues with dvb_usb_v2 with the lmedm04 driver.
> >
> > The first being this patch, no return value from dvb_usb_download_firmware
> > causes system wide dead lock with COLD disconnect as system attempts to
> > continue
> > to warm state.
>
> Hmm, I did not understand what you mean. What I looked lmedm04 driver I
> think it uses single USB ID (no cold + warm IDs). So it downloads
> firmware and then reconnects itself from the USB bus?
> For that scenario you should "return RECONNECTS_USB;" from the driver
> .download_firmware().

If the device disconnects from the USB bus after the firmware download.

In most cases the device is already gone.

There is currently no way to insert RECONNECTS_USB into the return.

> I tested it using one non-public Cypress FX2 device - it was changing
> USB ID after the FX download, but from the driver perspective it does
> not matter. It is always new device if it reconnects USB.

Have double checked that the thread is not continuing to write on the
old ID?

The zero condition will lead to dvb_usb_init.

> PS. as I looked that driver I saw many different firmwares. That is now
> supported and you should use .get_firmware_name() (maybe you already did
> it).

Yes, I have supported this in the driver.

Regards

Malcolm