Hi,

On 07/05/2012 03:35 PM, Antti Palosaari wrote:

<snip>

I believe you're doing something wrong ...

I compiled radio from http://git.linuxtv.org/xawtv3.git to tune and
 > "arecord  -r96000 -c2 -f S16_LE | aplay - " to play sound. Just
silent white noise is heard.

You're not specifying which device arecord should record from so likely
it is taking
the default input of your soundcard (line/mic in), rather then recording
from the
radio device.

I tried to define hw:1,0 etc. but only hw:0,0 exists.

Note the latest radio from http://git.linuxtv.org/xawtv3.git will do the
digital loopback of
the sound itself, so try things again with running arecord / aplay, if
you then start radio
and exit again (so that you can see its startup messages) you should see
something like this:

"Using alsa loopback: cap: hw:1,0 (/dev/radio0), out: default"

Note radio will automatically select the correct alsa device to record
from for the radio-usb-stick.

For some reason I don't see that happening.

Hmm, so it seems that for some reason alsa is not working with the usb
"sound-card" part of the usb-stick. Can you try doing:

ls /dev/snd/

Before and after plugging in the device, you should get a new
PCMC?D0c device there.

Otherwise see if you can enable some debugging options for snd-usb-audio
and find out why it is not liking your device (and maybe at a quirk for
it somewhere) ? If you do end up adding a quirk please let me know
and I'll test with mine to ensure the quirck does not break working versions :)