From: linux-media-ow...@vger.kernel.org
[mailto:linux-media-ow...@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of llar...@gmx.net
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 4:29 AM
To: linux-media@vger.kernel.org
Subject: libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi,

I'm not sure, if this is the right list, if I'm wrong here, a hint for a
appropriate place for my questions would be very appreciated.

I have a problem with an analog Terratec Cinergy 400 TV. When I try to capture
with ffmpeg,

ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 out.mpg

I get the error

libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Resource temporarily unavailable

I'm using Fedora F17.

The behavior seems to be pretty strange to me, because xawtv, mencoder, mplayer
and tvtime don't have a problem with the hardware at all, ffmpeg has got this
problem only with the hardware mentioned above, with a Terratec Cinergy XS,
ffmpeg captures without problems.

Why reports libv4l2 "Resource temporarily unavailable"? What are common reasons
for that message? What can be a reason that creates the message only on
specific hardware (Terratec Cinergy 400 TV)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Felix