Hi,

On 08/22/2012 11:40 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi all!

<Snip>

While writing down these profiles I noticed one thing that was very much
missing for radio devices: there is no capability bit to tell the application
whether there is an associated ALSA device or whether the audio goes through
a line-in/out. Personally I think that this should be fixed.

The question with generic tuner drivers like the tea57XX series is do we always
know this ?

One could argue to proper way to find this out for applications is by looking
at the device topology, either through the media controller framework, or
through sysfs. This is for example what xawtv currently does. We need a better
library to handle this, which also hides from the user whether the media
controller
or sysfs is used.

> Comments are welcome!

Looks good!