On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:08:06 +0100
Antonio Ospite <osp...@studenti.unina.it> wrote:

> For now I'd NAK the patch since it is a regression for users
> with 50Hz power sources and it looks like it does not _always_ work for
> 60Hz either.
>
> Should I remove it from patchwork as well?
>
> As I have the webcam and can perform actual tests I'll coordinate with
> Fabian to have more details about why light frequency filter is not
> working for him with the current code, it works fine for me at 640x480,
> even if I can see that its effect is weaker at 320x240.

I wonder how it could work. Look at the actual code:

        val = val ? 0x9e : 0x00;
        if (sd->sensor == SENSOR_OV767x) {
                sccb_reg_write(gspca_dev, 0x2a, 0x00);
                if (val)
                        val = 0x9d;     /* insert dummy to 25fps for 50Hz */
        }
        sccb_reg_write(gspca_dev, 0x2b, val);

According to the ov7720/ov7221 documentation, the register 2b is:

        2B EXHCL 00 RW Dummy Pixel Insert LSB
                       8 LSB for dummy pixel insert in horizontal direction

How could it act on the light frequency filter?

--
Ken ar c'hentaƱ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/