Hi,

I recently acquired a msi Digivox ATSC tuner. I believe this card has an em28xx chip (the windows driver included is em28xx). Looking at the em28xx wiki page and digging around in the code it does not seem like the em28xx driver has support for this card. Based on my limit (extremely) amount of knowledge, it doesn't look like it would be terribly difficult to add support for this card.

I am a complete hardware newbie (looking and willing to learn) and I hoping someone will be willing to help me out.

Following the bus snooping guide I was able to snoop the usb tuner (using usbsnoop 2.0) and collect some data from this card (Windows XP, using the ArcSoft TotalMedia software the card shipped with).

$ php parse-usbsnoop.php UsbSnoop.log > parsed-usbsnoop.txt
http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/parsed-usbsnoop.txt

$ perl contrib_em28xx_parse_em28xx.pl parsed-usbsnoop.txt > parse_em28xx.txt
http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/parse_em28xx.txt

$ lsusb -vvv (snippet)
http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/lsusb.txt

Note: If necessary I can provide the entire UsbSnoop.log (however its ~350MB)

At this point I'm not really sure how to use the above information to add support for my tuner. For starters I have non-existent C skills. From what I've looked at, I figure I have to add the vendor id and product id and it looks like I need to create a struct defining the input devices on the tuner (just astc/dvb on this card). It also looks like I need to find out the reset codes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: msi Digivox ATSC
Vendor / Product Id: [0db0:8810]

Thanks