On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> It works fine with qv4l2, but there is still a bug causing tvtime to fail.
> That's caused by commit e58071f024aa337b7ce41682578b33895b024f8b, applied
> August last year, that broke g_tuner: after that 'signal' would always be 0
> and tvtime expects signal to be non-zero for a valid frequency. The signal
> field is set by the au8522, but g_tuner is only called for the tuner (well,
> also for au8522 but since the i2c gate is set for the tuner that won't do
> anything).

During your testing, did you bisect the entire media tree or just the
au0828/au8522 driver.  This discovery is pretty damn surprising since
I actively test with tvtime whenever I do any work on that driver.
Are you sure something else in the framework didn't change which
caused breakage for this driver?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs