On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM, a b <genericgroupm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am seeing occasional issues when using an easycap card on our fedora
>> 17 machine.
> [...]
>
> On a very quick look you seem to be getting out of memory (out of
> blocks of pages large enough for stk1160). Now, this may be some bug
> in stk1160, maybe not.
>
> I'll take a closer look in the next weeks.

Could you try using "keep_buffers" option? This option should tell the driver
to try to not release the video buffers, in an attempt to prevent
memory from fragmenting.

Like this:

$ modprobe stk1160 keep_buffers=1

or like this to make it permanent:

$ echo "options stk1160 keep_buffers=1" > /etc/modprobe.d/stk1160.conf

Please try this, see if it solves your issue and report your results.
--
    Ezequiel