Hi this is my first email to the list, I'm hoping someone can help
I have a logitech C300 webcam with the option of raw/bayer output. This works
fine on windows where the RGB output consists of zeros in the r and b bytes and
pixel intensitey in the g byte. However on linux when I activate the webcam
using uvcdynctrl and/or the options in guvcview the out put seems to be
corrupted. I get something that looks like multiple images interlaces and
displaced horizontally, generally pink. I've put an example of an extracted avi
frame at http://homepages.see.leeds.ac.uk/~earpros/test0.png, which is a close
up of one of my daughters hair clips and shows an (upside down) picture of a
disney character.
I'm wondering if the UVC/V4L2 driver is interpretting the data as mjpeg and
incorrectly decoding it giving the corruption. When I use guvcview I can choose
the input format, but the only one that works in mjpeg, all others cause
timeouts and no data. The image also has the tell-tale 8x8 jpeg block effect.
Is there any way I can stop this decoding happening and get to the raw data?
Presumably if my theory is correct then the decompression is lossy so cannot be
undone.
Any help or suggestions welcome.

Phil