On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:12:33 AM you wrote:
> Em Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:15:18 +0200
> Bård Eirik Winther <bwint...@cisco.com> escreveu:

> > Performance:
> > All tests are done on an Intel i7-2600S (with Turbo Boost disabled) using
> > the
> > integrated Intel HD 2000 graphics processor. The mothreboard is an ASUS
> > P8H77-I
> > with 2x2GB CL 9-9-9-24 DDR3 RAM. The capture card is a Cisco test card with
> > 4 HDMI
> > inputs connected using PCIe2.0x8. All video input streams used for testing
> > are
> > progressive HD (1920x1080) with 60fps.
>
> I did a quick test here with a radeon HD 7750 GPU on a i7-3770 CPU, using an
> UVC
> camera at VGA resolution and nouveau driver (Kernel 3.10.3).
>
> qv4l2 CPU usage dropped from 13% to 3,75%.
>
> It sounds a nice improvement!

That is good to hear. My results where achived using the 3.9 and 3.10 kernels
although I belive that the hardware and opengl driver affects performance the
most.

With such a good hardware and relatively low resolution, you wont see that much
of a differance :-),
but it is a nice improvement indeed. Anyway, nice to get additional tests!