The patch "videobuf_vm_{open,close} race fixes" https://linuxtv.org/patch/18365/ introduced a deadlock in 3.11.

My driver uses videobuf_vmalloc initialized with ext_lock set to NULL.
My driver's mmap function calls videobuf_mmap_mapper
videobuf_mmap_mapper calls videobuf_queue_lock on q
videobuf_mmap_mapper calls  __videobuf_mmap_mapper
 __videobuf_mmap_mapper calls videobuf_vm_open
videobuf_vm_open calls videobuf_queue_lock on q (introduced by above patch)
deadlocked

This is not an issue if ext_lock is non-NULL, since videobuf_queue_lock is a no-op in that case.

Did I do something wrong, or is this a valid regression?

Regards,
Pete Eberlein