On 25-11-13 19:03, Golden Shadow wrote:
Hello there!
I am new to IPTV and Video4Linux. I need to implement an IPTV solution that
would stream DVB satellite channels in a network. What is the satellite
receiver do you recommend me to use on my Linux Centos 6.4 server? The
satellite receiver should support encrypted channels. Is it better to use a USB
or PCIe receiver? Another question, I'm thinking of using VLC for streaming, do
you recommend a better streaming software for my case?
Thanks a lot,
Firas
I'm personally very satisfied with linux4media.de devices. If your product of choice isn't there, look at digitaldevices.de, same company, different frontend. But do buy via linux4media as that counts as a linux sale ;)

I personally have the L4M F4mini module (with mini -> pcie adapter allowing me potential future options) with currently an L4M-Flex S2. I only have 1 for now, but plan to upgrade to 4 laters, giving me 8 tuners in single PCI-e slot. Since you say you need crypto, you could use the L4M-Flex CI or L4M-Flex-Twin CI module to do that.

Oliver