Hi Laurant,

On 01/07/2014 05:59 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Enrico,
>
> On Friday 03 January 2014 12:30:33 Enrico wrote:
>
> Florian, I've used your patches as a base for OMAP3 ISP DT work and they seem
> pretty good (although patch 1/7 will need to be reworked, but that's not a
> blocker). I've just had to fix a problem with the OMAP3 IOMMU, please see
>
> http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/commit/d3abafde0277f168df0b2912b5d84550590d80b2

According to the comments on the IOMMU/DT patches [1], some work is
still needed to merge these patches, mainly to support other IOMMUs
(OMAP4, OMAP5). So the current base is probably ok. I will resume my
work on this soon. What are your comments on patch 1?

I briefly looked at your fix, seems ok to me. I do not figure out how it
worked for me. I will look at it closer next week.

> I'd appreciate your comments on that. I can post the patch already if you
> think that would be helpful.

It is probably better to wait for the v2 of the iommu series. I can
include your patch in it.

> You can find my work-in-progress branch at
>
> http://git.linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git/shortlog/refs/heads/omap3isp/dt
>
> (the last three patches are definitely not complete yet).

Great news! A while ago, Sebastian Reichel (in CC) posted an RFC for the
binding [2]. Are you working with him on this?

Regards,

Florian

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/12/17/197
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.devicetree/50580