Am 01.03.2014 10:32, schrieb Jacob Korf:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying this video capture stick from Conceptronic, the Home Video
> Creator, but I'm not getting it to work with Linux. I'm using kernel
> version 3.13.5 and I'm on Arch Linux. More information and specs here:
> http://www.conceptronic.net/product.php?id=322&linkid=294.
According to specsheet, it's a em2862 device.
You will need to figure out which demodulator it uses.

> This is the output from lsusb -v:
>
> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1d19:6108 Dexatek Technology Ltd.
> Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               2.00
>   bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device
>   bDeviceSubClass         2 ?
>   bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association
>   bMaxPacketSize0        64
>   idVendor           0x1d19 Dexatek Technology Ltd.
>   idProduct          0x6108
>   bcdDevice           40.01
>   iManufacturer           1
>   iProduct                2
>   iSerial                 3
>   bNumConfigurations      1
>   Configuration Descriptor:
>     bLength                 9
>     bDescriptorType         2
>     wTotalLength          248
>     bNumInterfaces          6
6 interfaces ???

> [...]
>         bmAttributes            5
>           Transfer Type            Isochronous
>           Synch Type               Asynchronous
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0b84  2x 900 bytes
>         bInterval               1
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        4
>       bAlternateSetting       0
>       bNumEndpoints           1
>       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
>       bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
>       bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
>       iInterface             28
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x85  EP 5 IN
>         bmAttributes            2
>           Transfer Type            Bulk
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
>         bInterval               0
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        4
>       bAlternateSetting       1
>       bNumEndpoints           1
>       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
>       bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
>       bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
>       iInterface             31
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x05  EP 5 OUT
>         bmAttributes            2
>           Transfer Type            Bulk
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
>         bInterval               1
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        5
>       bAlternateSetting       0
>       bNumEndpoints           1
>       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
>       bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
>       bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
>       iInterface             29
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x86  EP 6 IN
>         bmAttributes            2
>           Transfer Type            Bulk
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
>         bInterval               0
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        5
>       bAlternateSetting       1
>       bNumEndpoints           1
>       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
>       bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
>       bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol

Urghh... what a weird interface+endpoint configuration. :/
The driver currently can't handle it.

> I get the following output when I try what this guy says,
> http://www.ubuntu-es.org/node/181787:
>
> [ 1822.015471] usb 1-1.6: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-pci
> [ 2163.941596] media: Linux media interface: v0.10
> [ 2163.948219] Linux video capture interface: v2.00
> [ 2163.956048] usbcore: registered new interface driver em28xx
> [ 2176.350939] em28xx: error: skipping audio endpoint 0x83, because it
> uses bulk transfers !
(see above)

> [ 2176.350947] em28xx: New device DK Video Grabber @ 480 Mbps
> (1d19:6108, interface 2, class 2)
> [ 2176.350951] em28xx: Audio interface 2 found (Vendor Class)
> [ 2176.351510] em28xx #0: Config register raw data: 0xfffffffb
> [ 2176.351859] em28xx #0: AC97 chip type couldn't be determined
> [ 2176.351863] em28xx #0: No AC97 audio processor
It is possible that this doesn't happen anymore with 3.14.

> [ 2176.351891] em28xx: New device DK Video Grabber @ 480 Mbps
> (1d19:6108, interface 3, class 3)
> [ 2176.351894] em28xx: DVB interface 3 found: bulk isoc
(of course wrong, see above)

> [ 2176.425034] em28xx #1: failed to get i2c transfer status from
> bridge register (error=-5)
> [ 2176.425040] em28xx #1: board has no eeprom
> [ 2176.435008] em28xx #1: failed to get i2c transfer status from
> bridge register (error=-5)
> [ 2176.445036] em28xx #1: failed to get i2c transfer status from
> bridge register (error=-5)
> [ 2176.455005] em28xx #1: failed to get i2c transfer status from
> bridge register (error=-5)
> [ 2176.465030] em28xx #1: failed to get i2c transfer status from

No idea what's going wrong here, but this dmesg output is definitely
incomplete.
Or maybe you modifed the driver and messed things up ? ;-)

Regards,
Frank