Em Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:33:27 +0200
Matthias Schwarzott <z...@gentoo.org> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I want to add support for Hauppauge WinTV 930C-HD and PCTV QuatroStick 521e.
> The namess and USB-IDs are different, but the hardware is the same.
>
> Should there be in this case one card entry in cx231xx driver or two?
> Two would have the advantage that the correct name of the device could
> be displayed, but some code related to the card entry would be duplicated.

One entry is enough. There are other similar cases on our tree. We
generally add both names at the string name, like:

        [EM2820_BOARD_PINNACLE_DVC_90] = {
                .name         = "Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 90/100/101/107 / Kaiser
Baas Video to DVD maker "

        [EM2820_BOARD_PROLINK_PLAYTV_USB2] = {
                .name         = "SIIG AVTuner-PVR / Pixelview Prolink PlayTV
USB 2.0",

and others.

Regards,
Mauro