On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On 07/26/2014 04:34 PM, Philipp Zabel wrote:
>> Crop targets are valid on the capture side and compose targets are valid
>> on the output side, not the other way around.
>
> Are you sure about this? Usually for m2m devices the capture side supports
> compose (i.e. the result of the m2m operation can be composed into the capture
> buffer) and the output side supports crop (i.e. the m2m operates on the
> cropped
> part of the output buffer instead of on the full buffer), like the coda driver
> does today.

You are right, I haven't thought this through. Please ignore this patch.

> As a result of that the old G/S_CROP API cannot be used with most m2m devices
> since it does the opposite operation, which does not apply to m2m devices.

I have tried the GStreamer v4l2videodec element with the coda driver and
noticed that GStreamer calls VIDIOC_CROPCAP to obtain the pixel aspect
ratio. This always fails with -EINVAL because of this issue. Currently GStreamer
throws a warning if the return value is an error other than -ENOTTY.

regards
Philipp