On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Steve Longerbeam <slongerb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/28/2014 11:59 AM, Robert Schwebel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 06:24:45PM +0200, Jean-Michel Hautbois wrote:
>>> We have a custom board, based on i.MX6 SoC.
>>> We are currently using Freescale's release of Linux, but this is a
>>> 3.10.17 kernel, and several drivers are lacking (adv7611 for instance)
>>> or badly written (all the MXC part).
>>> As we want to have nice things :) we would like to use a mainline
>>> kernel, or at least a tree which can be mainlined.
>>>
>>> It seems (#v4l told me so) that some people (Steeve :) ?) are working
>>> on a rewriting of the IPU and all DRM part for i.MX6.
>>> What is the current status (compared to Freescale's release maybe) ?
>>> And what can we expect in a near future? Maybe, how can we help too ?
>
> Hi Jean-Michel,
>
> I did post a v4l2 video capture driver for i.MX6 to linux-media.
> The main complaint from Philip at Pengutronix is that it does not
> support the media device framework.

Philipp,

It is unfortunate that the lack of the media device framework is
holding back acceptance of Steve's patches. Is this something that can
be added later? Does your patchset which you posted for reference
resolve this issue and perhaps is something that everyone could agree
on for a starting point?

Regards,

Tim