On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Andrew Chew wrote:

> Hello, Guennadi
>
> I was wondering if you can provide some advice as to how focuser vcm
> devices would fit into the soc-camera framework.  We have a raw sensor
> (an IMX219) with an AD5823 VCM (it's just a simple I2C device) to
> provide variable focus.
>
> I currently have the sensor and camera host driver instantiated via
> device tree, following the guidelines in
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/media/video-interfaces.txt, by using
> the of_graph stuff, and that all works fine.  However, I'm not sure what
> the proper way is to associate a focuser with that particular image
> pipeline, and I couldn't find any examples to draw from.

As discussed in an earlier thread [1], in principle soc-camera has support
for attaching multiple subdevices to a camera-host (camera DMA engine)
driver. In [2] you can see how I initially implemented DT for soc-camera,
which also supported multiple subdevices. Beware, very old code. Some more
comments are in [3].

Thanks
Guennadi

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-sh/msg31436.html - see comment,
following "Hm, I think, this isn't quite correct."

[2] http://marc.info/?l=linux-sh&m=134875489304837&w=1

[3] https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg70514.html