Hi Francesco,

On Wednesday 19 November 2014 10:33:06 Francesco Marletta wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
> thanks for your response.
>
> I've read your message on permalink.
>
> I'm not sure the ISP is broken, or at least it may be broken but it can
> be fixed.
>
> I'm trying to work the tvp5151 board described in [1], the author
> states (and told me) that it was successfull in using that board, using
> a patch that he also publish, but my board is not working (using the
> same patch set). Maybe there is something different in my kernel, even
> if the version is the same?

For what it's worth, I've successfully used that tvp5151 board with a Gumstix
Overo using the mainline kernel. Changes required to the OAMP3 ISP driver have
been pushed to mainline. Some changes were required to the tvp5151 driver too,
some have made it upstream, but I haven't had time to clean up and submit the
rest of the tvp5151 modifications.

I've pushed the patches to

        git://linuxtv.org/pinchartl/media.git omap3isp/tvp5151

> I'm going to try applying the patch by hand, to check if there is
> something different respect the source that the patch is made from.
>
> It will be useful to me to have a kernel (with modules) that works with
> that board, this way I could check if the problem is in the hw or in
> the sw.
>
> I'll continue to try.
>
> [1] http://www.sleepyrobot.com/?p=253

Laurent Pinchart