On 12/07/2014 11:36 PM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
On 12/08/2014 12:10 AM, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
The firmware must be loaded one byte at a time via the 0xf6 register.

I don't think so. Currently it downloads firmware in 22 byte chunks and it seems to work, at least for me, both mn88472 and mn88473.

Ok, I have now tried the driver with my defaults patch in and with your method of loading the firmware and my patch. I have my antenna placed in a bad location with bad reception. With my patch I am getting data from the device, without my patch I am not. So whatever my code does it makes the device more sensitive.

And then there is this comment in the regmap code:

regmap_bulk_write(): Write multiple registers to the device

In this case we want to write multiple bytes to the same register. So I think that my patch is correct in principle.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson