On 12/18/14 14:34, Florian Echtler wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> as promised, I've finally implemented the missing raw video feature for
> the SUR40 touchscreen. Since this is a bit of a weird hybrid device
> (multitouch input as well as video), I'm hoping for comments from both
> communities (linux-input and linux-media). I'm also attaching the full
> source code for the moment (not yet a proper patch submission) so it's
> perhaps easier to get a view of the whole thing.
>
> There's definitely some obvious cleanup still to be done (e.g. endpoint
> selection), but I'd like to ask for feedback early so I can get most
> issues fixed before really submitting a patch.
>
> Thanks & best regards, Florian

One thing you should do is to run the v4l2-compliance utility. Available
here: http://git.linuxtv.org/cgit.cgi/v4l-utils.git/

Compile from the git repo to ensure you have the latest version.

Run as 'v4l2-compliance -s' (-s starts streaming tests as well and it
assumes you have a valid input signal).

The driver shouldn't give any failures. When you post the actual patch,
then make sure you also paste in the output of 'v4l2-compliance -s' as
I'd like to see what it says.

Mail if you have any questions about the v4l2-compliance output. The failure
messages expect you to look at the v4l2-compliance source code as well,
but even than it is not always clear what is going on.