On 01/08/2015 08:19 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to do the media planning for 2015. As we've agreed last year, we're
> planning to do one media summit together with the Kernel Summit. While
> things may change, this year, KS will likely happen by Oct in Korea.
>
> I think we may do another summit in US. Looking at:
>       http://events.linuxfoundation.org/
>
> Some possible events would be to do it together with:
>       ELC - end of March - San Jose, CA - US
>       LinuxCon - mid of August - Seattle, WA - US

I'll be at the ELC (as mentioned before) but it is highly unlikely I'll be
at LinuxCon. A LinuxCon is much more cloud/server/network oriented and much
less embedded systems/graphics/video oriented compared to an ELC or LPC.

I intend to skip LinuxCons in the future, unless there is some additional
reason above and beyond the conference itself for being there.

> I took a look at https://lwn.net/Calendar/ to see if are there some
> other event at the first semester, as LinuxCon seems too close to
> KS, and ELC means about two months to prepare for it, but was unable
> to find some other interesting event that we could use to merge
> with the Media Summit.
>
> Of course, nothing prevents us to choose some other event or even
> do a Media Summit that would be independent. We did one like that
> already in the past, in Helsinki.
>
> That's said, probably, the best would be to do the first media
> summit together with ELC, if we have enough people for it and
> enough subject for discussions.
>
> What do you think?

ELC is definitely the right place to do it as far as I am concerned.

I have booked the hotel, but not yet the flight. If the summit is
going to be next to as opposed to during the ELC, then I need to know
soon as I plan to book the flight early February.