> Except for PVR-500, I can't remember any case where the same tuner is used
> more than once.
>
> There is the case of a device with two tuners, one for TV and another one
> for FM. Yet, on such case, the name of the FM tuner will be different,
> anyway. So, I don't think this is a current issue, but if the name should
> be unique, then we need to properly document it.

Perhaps I've misunderstood the comment, but HVR-2200/2250 and numerous
dib0700 designs are dual DVB tuners.  Neither are like the PVR-500 in
that they are a single entity with two tuners (as opposed to the
PVR-500 which is two PCI devices which happen to be on the same PCB).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com