Hi,

If I remember correctly, it was Nicolas who reported to me the problem
on the IRC.

> Might
> it not be better to just fix this properly by calling
> V4L2_DEC_CMD_STOP, as done here: https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-
> me...@vger.kernel.org/msg84916.html,
> and drop the support for zero bytesused to mark EOS entirely?

I think it would be good to have the backward compatibility for some time.

> I might be too optimistic here. Or perhaps at least add a pr_warn
> telling users to switch to V4L2_DEC_CMD_STOP since this will be removed
> in 2017 or whatever.

Where do you see the pr_warn? I guess it would be good if it was only
displayed once and only when the app uses bytesused == 0 to signal the
EOS. Do you think alike?

> Regards,
>
>       Hans

Best wishes,