On 23-02-15 15:21, Tycho Lürsen wrote:

Op 23-02-15 om 13:44 schreef Rudy Zijlstra:
On 23-02-15 12:21, Honza Petrouš wrote:
On 23-02-15 08:44, Honza Petrouš wrote:

Hi Rudy.

Some more info

On 21-02-15 22:30, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
Dears (Hans?)

My setup, where the cable operator was using only irdeto, was working good. Then the cable operator merged with another, and now the networks are being merged. As a result, the encryption has moved from irdeto only to
simulcyrpt with Irdeto and Nagra.

Current status:
- when i put the CA card in a STB, it works
- when trying to record an encrypted channel from PC, it no longer works.
Recording system has 3 tuners. All equal, all with same permissions on the smartcard. On cards 0 and 2 does not work, but card 1 does work, on all
channels tested.

Does it mean that descrambling is not working for you? If so,
how do you manage descrambling? By CI-CAM module
or by some "softcam" like oscam?

Or do you record ENCRYPTED stream and decrypt the recordings
later on?

Each tuner has its own legal CI-CAM module. And yes, except for the second
tuner descrambling no longer works

I'm not much familiar with MythTV, so I'm guessing from the mux setup changes,
but did you check to descramble the same channel on different tuners?
To eliminate
the particular change inside one service only.

Of course there can be also software issue in CI-CAM module itself
(fail in parsing
PMT CA descriptors etc).

TBH, I think it must be application layer issue, not kernel one.

See above:

Recording system has 3 tuners. All equal, all with same permissions on the
smartcard. On cards 0 and 2 does not work, but card 1 does work, on all
channels tested.

additional finfo: i tested the same channel(s) on all 3 tuners. For now i have re-configured mythtv to use only the second tuner for encrypted channels.
This does reduce scheduling flexibility though.

Would to understand what makes the difference, so i can ask the right questions to MythTV developers.

As the decryption does work with 1 tuner, i see 2 options:
- depending on tuner id the default CA descriptor used is different, and this selection is not expoerted on API level (kernel issue) - application needs to select which CA to use (and currently does not do this)

It should be the latter one. I'm also having Ziggo for provider, but always used FFdecsawrapper/Oscam for decryption (also legal in The Netherlands, providing you have a paid subscription) ECM CA system id's 0x604 or 0x602 (depending on your region) gets you Irdeto, while ECM CA system id's 0x1850 or 0x1801 get you Nagra. Correctly configured FFdecsa/Oscam can deal with it, MythTV probably cannot. Check it out at: http://www.dtvmonitor.com/nl/?guid=0BE90D25-BA46-7B93-FDCD-20EFC79691E0
That's a snapshot from today, monitored from Groningen.

Tycho,

thanks. looking at http://www.dtvmonitor.com/nl/ziggo-limburg the CA id for Iredeto are same in Limburg as in Groningen.

And yes, my CAM's are for Irdeto and do not support Nagra. To my knowledge no valid Nagra CAM do exist for DVB-C

Can FFdecsawrapper/Oscam be used in combination with MythTV?

Cheers

Rudy