On 08/10/2015 12:41 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
On 07/31/2015 04:10 AM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
It is VIDIOC_G_FREQUENCY which does not use type to identify tuner,
not VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY. VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY uses both tuner and type
fields. One of these V4L API weirdness...

Actually, that's not what this is about. It's about whether g/s_frequency
gets/sets
the frequency for the tuner or the modulator. That has nothing to do with the
tuner
and type fields. The problem described here in the spec is a problem for both G
and
S_FREQUENCY.

ah, now I think I see it. There is no tuner type for FM radio modulator - but instead it is capability of tuner type V4L2_TUNER_RADIO. As both radio receiver and transmitter has same tuner type it is not possible to identify it using tuner type...

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/