On 26 October 2015 08:21:07 GMT+00:00, Jean-Michel Hautbois
<jean-michel.hautb...@veo-labs.com> wrote:
>Hi Lucas,

>> Hi Lucas,
>>
>> Adding linux-iio and linux-media, I hope you don't mind.
>>
>> On 10/23/2015 06:58 PM, Lucas Magasweran wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> My colleague, Roberto Cornetti, attended your IIO talk at LinuxCon
>>> recently and is using the IIO subsystem for an I2C IMU.
>>>

>> Glad to hear that :)
>>
>>> My question is if IIO the appropriate subsystem for a thermal camera
>>> sensor. The driver needs to acquire frames over SPI and configure
>the
>>> sensor via I2C. It also has to respond to a GPIO interrupt to
>>> synchronize with the camera.
>>

>> I am not sure exactly about this. My feeling is that this should go
>with the
>> v4l subsystem thus Cc-ing linux-media.
>
>This is definitely a V4L2 driver. Note however that AFAIK, no sensor
>is currently sending frames from SPI right now... Nothing impossible
>though :).

Absolutely agree. The confusion on this probably stems from thermopiles
 (which are kind of single pixel thermal cameras) and higher res thermal
 cameras.  If you think of it as the same an ambient light sensor vs an optical
 camera then the divisions become clearer.

There are very low pixel count thermal cameras that blur the boundaries though
 so I guess you may have one of those? 4x4 for example.  I still think these
should
 be v4l.  Kind of dependent on whether the output is 2d or 1d to my mind.

Jonathan