Em Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:31:51 +0100
Alec Leamas <leamas.a...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> On 12/11/15 18:20, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Em Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:16:18 +0300
> > Alberto Mardegan <ma...@users.sourceforge.net> escreveu:
>
> > Complaining doesn't help at all. We don't read the mailing list to
> > check for new patches. Instead, we look for them at:
> >     https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/project/linux-media/list/
> >
> > All patches that goes to the ML are automatically stored there, and will be
> > handled by one of the (sub-)maintainers.
>
> > However, if the emailer breaks the patch (with was the case of the
> > "tv tuner max2165..." patch), patchwork won't recognize it as a
> > patch, and we'll only see the e-mail by accident.
>
> Ah... that explains why nobody cares about my patch[1]... Is there any
> way around picky emailers?

Use a good one ;) Here, I use claws-mail, with works fine if configured
to send text-only e-mails and to not break long lines.

Another alternative is to use git to send the email with something like:

        git send-email HEAD~1 --annotate

That requires some setup at the .git/config file:
        https://git-scm.com/docs/git-send-email

As you use gmail, you could add at the .git/config:

[sendemail]
    smtpEncryption = tls
    smtpServer = smtp.gmail.com
    smtpUser = yourn...@gmail.com
    smtpServerPort = 587

> Is putting the patch in an attachment OK?

No, because it doesn't make easy for people to reply with comments.

Regards,
Mauro
  • [no subject] Walter Cheuk
    • Re: Alberto Mardegan