On 12/03/2015 02:45 PM, Mr Andersson wrote:
Hi,

[,,,]

Most cards out there supports maximum 4 channels per cards. Some I've
looked into costs around 200 USD per card and for 2000 channels,
excluding all other hardware, that would cost around 100 000 USD.

[...]

The terminology you are looking for is 4 muxes per card, not channel. One mux can hold several channels. One satellite I looked at had ca 24 fta muxes with ca 3-4 channels per mux. So to cover this whole satellite you would need 6 quad cards. If a quad card costs $200 that gives you $50 / mux cost. The cheapest single mux s2 card I could find cost ca $60. So $50/mux is probably what you have to pay for this component if you buy from a reseller.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson