Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Le mercredi 11 mai 2016 à 13:27 -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab a écrit :
>> This patch causes a Kernel panic when called on a DVB driver.
>>
>> This reverts commit 2c1f6951a8a82e6de0d82b1158b5e493fc6c54ab.
>
> Seems rather tricky, since this commit fixed a possible (user induced)
> buffer overflow according to Sakari comment. Would be nice to fix and
> resubmit.

I have updated patches here:

<URL:https://git.linuxtv.org/sailus/media_tree.git/log/?h=vb2-overwrite-fix-error-on-fixes-v2>

These are tested on V4L2 streaming API only so far, I'll test file I/O
today but with DVB I'd need some help with testing. I'd very much
appreciate test reports if someone has a chance to test the two patches
with a DVB adapter using VB2.

Thanks.

--
Kind regards,