Hi!

> First, I re-did pipeline setup in python, it seems slightly less hacky
> then in shell.
>
> I tried to modify fcam-dev to work with the new interface, but was not
> successful so far. I can post patches if someone is interested
> (mplayer works for me, but that's not too suitable for taking photos).
>
> I tried to get gstreamer to work, with something like:

While trying to debug gstreamer, I ran v4l2-compliance, and it seems
to suggest that QUERYCAP is required... but it is not present on
/dev/video2 or video6.

Any ideas? (Kernel is based on Ivaylo 's github tree, IIRC).

Thanks,
                                                                        Pavel

pavel@n900:/my/v4l-utils/utils$ ./v4l2-compliance/v4l2-compliance -d /dev/video6
Driver Info:
        Driver name   : ispvideo
        Card type     : OMAP3 ISP resizer output
        Bus info      : media
        Driver version: 4.6.0
        Capabilities  : 0x84200003
                Video Capture
                Video Output
                Streaming
                Extended Pix Format
                Device Capabilities
        Device Caps   : 0x04200001
                Video Capture
                Streaming
                Extended Pix Format

Compliance test for device /dev/video6 (not using libv4l2):

Required ioctls:
                fail: v4l2-compliance.cpp(537): missing bus_info prefix
('media')
        test VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: FAIL

Allow for multiple opens:
        test second video open: OK
                fail: v4l2-compliance.cpp(537): missing bus_info prefix
('media')
        test VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: FAIL
        test VIDIOC_G/S_PRIORITY: OK

pavel@n900:/my/v4l-utils/utils$ sudo ./v4l2-compliance/v4l2-compliance -d
/dev/video2
Driver Info:
        Driver name   : ispvideo
        Card type     : OMAP3 ISP CCDC output
Compliance test for device /dev/video2 (not using libv4l2):

Required ioctls:
                fail: v4l2-compliance.cpp(537): missing bus_info prefix
('media')
        test VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: FAIL

(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html