Hi,

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 09:27:18PM +0200, ext DebBarma, Tarun Kanti wrote:
Sounds perfect!
What that means is _probe() function makes sense only for cases where we have valid platform data because we are returning right at the top if pdata is not valid. If this is the case I was curious to know why not framework make another check for valid pdata before calling _probe() instead of coming all the way to _probe() and then returning!

because pdata is completely optional. pdev OTOH isn't. Without a matched platform_device, your probe() won't get called.

--
balbi

DefectiveByDesign.org