Hi Wolfram

On 11/10/2010 4:43 PM, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the work in general, just...
>
>> -    if (pdev->dev.parent)
>> -            host = sdhci_alloc_host(pdev->dev.parent, 0);
>> -    else
>> -            host = sdhci_alloc_host(&pdev->dev, 0);
>> -
>> +    host = sdhci_alloc_host(&pdev->dev, 0);
>>      if (IS_ERR(host)) {
>>              ret = PTR_ERR(host);
>>              goto err;
> NACK. This part looks different in current mainline (and for a reason).
Yes, as I had written in the first email I built these patches against
our Kernel 2.6.32.
I wanted to align them to the mmc-next after clarifying some doubts I had.
For example the wakeup option used for selecting at runtime the wakeup mode.

> Removing the dev.parent-branch will break some PCI-based solutions.
Hmm, I suspected this :-(. Unfortunately I need to not pass the parent
for the problem described in the patch.
How to proceed? Do I have to re-introduce the sdhci-stm driver?
> I think you should first rebase the series to mmc-next and then ask for
> review. It is too confusing for reviewers otherwise. At least, I will
> stop here.
At any rate, no problem to re-base the patches to the mmc-next.I'll do
it soon!

Regards
Peppe