On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Wolfram Sang <w.s...@pengutronix.de> wrote:

>> Changes since v2:
>>       * Whitespace fixes
>>       * Changed order of test in get_ro
>
> What benefit has the reordering? (And just to make sure: You still
> return -1 meaning "read-only". I assume this is intentional)

Looking at drivers/mmc/core/sd.c:mmc_sd_setup_card(), returning <0
means no RO detection, and will print a warning to that effect. If no
other RO-related quirks are included (i.e. such as
SDHCI_QUIRK_INVERTED_WRITE_PROTECT), the value will be passed up
through sdhci_get_ro and thus handled appropriately.

So on second look the code as it is seems correct to me.

Still, I have a 8-bit fix to incorporate, so I'll repost a v4 anyway.

-Olof