Hi,

On Thu, Apr 14 2011, Andrei Warkentin wrote:
> The question to Arnd and Chris - should by default use of CMD23 for
> multiblock writes be disabled, and enabled per known-good card using
> add_flag quirk support? Or should CMD23 for multiblock writes be
> enabled by default, and then disabled for known-bad cards?

I don't have a standard answer for this -- it just depends on the numbers.

If we've seen a card that freaks out and loses significant bandwidth, that
would be a good reason to start with a whitelist.  If all the data we have
suggests that it's performance-wise either a win or a no-op, that's a fine
reason to push it to mmc-next with a blacklist approach and change our
minds later if our knowledge gets updated.  Does that help?

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <c...@laptop.org>   <http://printf.net/>