Hi,

On Wed, Jul 20 2011, Daniel Drake wrote:
>>     pr_debug("%s: %s: powering down\n", mmc_hostname(host), __func__);
>>
>> which gets you the same CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG semantics? (The messages will
>> be at the debug loglevel rather than info, but that sounds right to me.)
>
> I did, and that would probably be fine (assuming that CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG
> would actually turn it on? I can't see where that would happen)

It's in drivers/mmc/Makefile:
subdir-ccflags-$(CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG) := -DDEBUG

include/linux/printk.h:
#if defined(DEBUG)
#define pr_debug(fmt, ...) \
        printk(KERN_DEBUG pr_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)

> was trying to make it a bit more prominent and appear the same as the
> debug message from mmc_rescan_try_freq() which does it in this way.

Ah, okay, seems reasonable -- I'll merge the original patch for 3.1.

Thanks!

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <c...@laptop.org>   <http://printf.net/>